Must be a U. S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
The Systems Engineer is responsible of the customer requirements and systems processes. The candidate will understand the needs for our automotive customer and maintains a holistic view of the systems. Will be responsible to gather, track, analyze and maintain the customer specifications as well than all other pertinent stakeholder requirements as inputs into the system or subsystem design assigned.
The Systems Engineer is as well responsible to define the system or subsystem requirements assigned based on the customer, legal, standards and internal requirements/specifications as basis for the mechanical, electrical, optics and software discipline. Will capture internal system level requirements from the project team, define and executes key customer requirements to be covered in the compliance testing. Will define and execute all vehicle testing related to the subsystem assigned and ensures all system or subsystem assigned testing will validate the customer requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Leadership of the subsystem or features related deliverables and activities including:
• Deliver systems engineer work products per product engineering schedule (timing)
• Acting as a technical interface to the customer.
• Tracking system issues and ensuring timely resolution
• Managing system related engineering risk
• Reporting system status to management and System Lead Engineer.
• Work with customer to analyze the customer requirements and to enter them into the application life cycle (ALM) tool.
• Develop the system requirements based upon and traced to the customer requirements for hardware, packaging, and software disciplines.
• Utilize the system architecture provided by the core team to verify that the system requirements are satisfied by the system architecture.
• Understand and document customer requirements using ALM tools. Manage and negotiate customer requirements, change requests, and unwritten expectations.
• Document system architecture in an unambiguous, clear, and understandable way that electrical, mechanical and software engineers know exactly what they have to do in order to meet customer expectations.
• System requirements specification
• System architecture definition tailored to the specific project
• System test plan
• Other documents, as needed
• Conduct cross functional requirements reviews
• Develop with the support of the customer the system level DFMEA for the product.
• Coordinate with Manufacturing and Software teams to develop interface requirements including EOL and module programming requirements.
Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Systems Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
Required Experience: 3-5 years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) in serial development. Automotive (mandatory).
• Knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
• Requirements management
• Modeling and Architecture
• Revision control
• Change control
• Requirements decomposition planning and reporting (KPI generation)
• Test plan development
• Test execution planning
• Track records of writing good requirements that can be successfully implemented.
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent English technical writing proficiency
• Knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel and Visio)
• Knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as version control/configuration management, UML tools, static code check tools
• ALM tools (PTC Integrity)
• Working knowledge of CAN and LIN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape,
• PTC Modeler or a similar modeling tool (e.g. Enterprise Architect).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Resumes@BillAustin.com.