Calibration Engineer, Indiana
Must be a U. S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
BAA is currently seeking a flexible and self-motivated Automotive Calibration Engineer in Columbus, IN. This position requires someone who is able to take on a variety of Engine, Aftertreatment, and Diagnostic calibration and tuning work across multiple engine platforms in order to meet program deadlines. An ideal candidate will work independently and take ownership of projects while also working as part of a cross-functional team to accomplish team goals. Candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills and excel at troubleshooting issues in test cells, test trucks, simulations, etc. Looking for an engineer to join a small company with opportunity to develop engineering and business skills.
Responsibilities of the Calibration Engineer
Responsibilities could include some or all of the following:
- On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Calibration including failed part definition, test plan design, emissions testing on engine/chassis dyno, truck testing, and Matlab/Simulink based simulation work
- Engine and Aftertreatment Calibration through the use of engine/chassis dyno testing, truck testing, and field test data analysis in Matlab and Excel
- Engine and Aftertreatment Hardware Mapping to understand impact to emissions, fuel economy, mechanical limits, etc.
- Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis for issues that occur on field test units, customer trucks, test trucks, and in the test cell
- Data Monitoring of test cell and field test truck data to validate calibration performance and ensure engine and aftertreatment health
- Provide clear and detailed documentation of work completed
- Interface with customer to translate customer needs into technical requirements and develop project scope
- Provide periodic progress updates to customer and support gate reviews for customer program management
Requirements of the Calibration Engineer
- Degree in Engineering required (BSME, BSEE, etc.)
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience in the automotive industry and specifically experience with engine, aftertreatment, or diagnostic calibration or engine and vehicle testing is a plus
- Hands-on automotive experience through personal/research/work projects is a plus
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, Minitab, and Excel preferred
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Resumes@BillAustin.com.