Sensor Project Engineer, Indiana
Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
Currently seeking a Sensor Engineer for an available opening. The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Responsibilities of the Sensor Project Engineer
- Engineer and develop sensors used on heavy duty equipment.
- Work with designer/manufacturer to improve sensors.
- Participate in the field testing of new sensor technology by coordinating parts being placed on vehicles.
- Track these components for failures, usage, and any other pertinent information.
- Troubleshoot failures back to root cause.
- Coordinate all activities for technical customers, suppliers, and technicians to speed research of new sensor technologies.
- Create when necessary, application and design guidelines.
- Prepare and deliver technical status presentations utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint software.
- Conduct cross-functional design reviews and document them.
- Pursue patent opportunities that offer comparative advantages.
- Lead efforts to perform research of sensor technologies utilizing the internet, universities, and researchers.
Requirements of the Sensor Project Engineer
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Project management skills
- Basic Electronic Controls Understanding and Capability
- Problem solving skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Minitab
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Tools
- Basic assessment capability of one technology versus another
- Mechanical aptitude
- Education Requirements of the Sensor Project Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Resumes@BillAustin.com.