ELECTRONICS HARDWARE ENGINEER
Must be a U. S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
Apply engineering principles and practices to engine electronic control modules and similar componentry. Interact with suppliers and manage the work distribution by relaying requirements of the components to the suppliers. Communicate durability/longevity statistics and failure analysis to design teams, product teams and component suppliers. Verify and validate controls, hardware, and software while leading/maintaining their release schedule.
Electronics Hardware Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Understand the design and functions of electronics and electronic hardware
- Compose quality electronic component specifications
- Provide technical direction
- Ability to work cross-functionally with outside teams
- Ability to mentor/coach engineers with less experience
- Document related to design concepts, validation, and product release requirements
Electronics Hardware Engineer Skills:
- Utilize Six Sigma/Functional Excellence and associated Six Sigma Tools to improve work processes
- Comfortable in an electronics lab and using various test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, etc.
- Comfortable reading schematics, performance specifications, and dimensional drawings.
- Project management and communication skills
- Basic Electronic Controls Understanding and Capability
- Electrical/Electronic Design experience to facilitate root cause analysis and component assessments
- Strong technical and hands-on skills with demonstrated ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of varying scope and complexity
- Basic assessment capability of one technology verses another.
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical data-driven problem solver and team player
- Design of Experiments, statistics, FMEA, FTA, etc.
- SW tools/skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Minitab, etc.
Required 2 years’ Experience:
- In industrial and/or automotive electronics and the application of electronic controls to the operation of engines, exhaust treatment systems, transmissions or similar industrial embedded control systems.
- In the design of electronics employed in harsh environments including high temperature and high vibration applications.
- Training in Engineering Standard Work processes
- Six Sigma Tools including Design of Experiments, Fault Tree Analysis, boundary diagrams, and P diagrams
- Environmental Testing of Components
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be highly Responsive to Requests
- Foster teamwork: Builds effective teams committed to organization goals; fosters collaboration among team members and among other teams.
- Communication & presentation skills: written & oral
- Customer Led Quality attitude
Bachelor’s degree minimum in material science, physics, electrochemistry, EET (BS Electrical Engineering preferred)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Resumes@BillAustin.com.